I enjoy a good tv show so this pet peeve was a little difficult. Two people continued to leap to my attention. The first: Jeff Probst of "Survivor." I have long since given up on this show, but because of the obnoxious Jeff Probst I will NEVER get these words out of my head:
"Wanna know what you're playing for?"
Every time I would look at the tv and say, "No, Jeff, please don't tell me. Let it be a surprise."
"Survivor's ready?"
Again I say, "No, Jeff. I just chipped a nail. Does anyone have a nail file?"
I think the thing that bugged me more than anything was his commentary during a challenge. "Jeff!!! I see them running toward the finish line! I do NOT need you to tell me!" This is when I would hit the mute button or change the channel.
I'm quite sure apart from "Survivor" and it's writers and producers that Jeff Probst is a lovely man.
Now for the woman. I don't know if it's a good thing that I admit to enjoying this show, but here goes......"The View"
There's been a lot of controversy swirling around this show, but there is one person, one woman that remains the same obnoxious, irritating pet peeve that is: Barbara Walters. I am so happy when she's off for the day, but when she's there, wow! she's annoying.
I really feel bad for the rest of the ladies who are visibly walking on eggshells around Barbara. The woman interupts whenever and it's obvious the ladies have to stop talking when she does, but man oh man, if they interupt her!!!! I think I have LITERALLY seen smoke coming out of her ears. It's funny to me that Whoopi gets mad and says, "Will you please let me finish my sentence?!?" to the other ladies, but shuts up right away if Barbara starts in. I also don't love the way she treats the guests that come in. She interupts them!! Aren't the guests a BIG part of the show? Have you not invited them as GUESTS?
Bad form Barbara!! Act like a Host. Act like a lady. Act like a civilized human being.
1 comments:
found your site while searching pet peeve for something else. Like the idea of daily pet peeves - what better use of a blog.
Don't share yours though - B Walters has been on tv so long that I've decided to admire her ego or need to stay in public eye that now I just kind of marvel at her still showing up to work. You know she has to be rich enough, who knows what keeps her and Regis and Pat Sajack going.
As for Jeff Probst, I still enjoy Survivor so I'm biased, but to me those catch phrases are all part of the show - I love that they never change them. Also if you like sports, imagine watching sports without the announcer saying "he's at the 30, 20, 10... touchdown!" You gotta have it.
Anyway - good luck with your site.
Post a Comment