Yesterday was such a good day. I spent some time with my dear friend Abbey who is leaving me very soon to move to Virginia. We had A LOT of funny moments!!
1. Driving to our first destinations:
Abbey: "Wow! That lady has hair just like a dog!!"
Me: "What lady?"
Abbey: "The one in the car next to us." (trying to show me but not stare)
Me: (Looking carefully so as not to stare). "Maybe because it IS a dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Both: (Laughing histarically at the poodle who looked like a lady that looked like a dog.)
2. In an antique store. We had already been to it before lunch to "skope things out," and after lunch for Abbey to buy the things she was "thinking about" during lunch. Then we went back to get the item I was "thinking about" while looking in a different store:
Lady who worked at store: (Sees us and looks shocked that we're back for the 3rd time).
Both: (Grabbing items to purchase and head up to register).
Lady: "Oh no!"
Me: "Yep, we're back again."
Lady: "These receipts cost us 10 cents every time we use them and I've already written 2 of them for you guys and I'm not going to write another one."
Both: (Feeling very scared and anxious around the lady).
Me: "Well, this is my first purchase."
Lady: "Ha, ha, ha!! Well, let's get you rung up."
Holy cow!! She was just joking?!? I'd hate to see her when she was angry.
3. That evening, right before I left we watched this CRAZY guy on "The Price Is Right." Please, see just how crazy he was:
4. Today I had a situation that was too good to not blog about. I was at the grocery store and I was pushing my cart and a lady turns the corner and pushes her cart straight toward me and doesn't budge. So I huffed and went around her. She starts shaking her head in disgust, so I say, "Exactly." (meaning I felt like shaking my head in disgust as well). Aparently she was doing it to someone else because she thought it was amusing that I was agreeing with her disgust. Then I turned the corner to get away from the mob of people and crammed myself and my cart against the side of the isle and pretended to look at juice until everyone passed. As soon as I pretended this lady comes up behind me and reaches her arm between my face and my cart and says, "Excuse me," as she grabs for some juice. I had only been pretending to look at the juice for mere seconds before the arm shot passed my face. I walked off laughing. I did make and oath that if I ran into that lady again that there would be a "RUMBLE IN PRODUCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Saturday, February 23, 2008
One Hi-Larious Thing After Another
Posted by cwelkley at 1:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
GOOD TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Man! I had SO much fun hanging out with you!!
And, BTW, there totally should have been a rumble in produce. I gotcha back, playa! ; )
Post a Comment