I'm been trying to come up with some blogging ideas/material and nothing has hit me. I don't have any interesting stories to tell at this point and any observations I have made lately seem pretty dull and unimportant. I think it's because of my recent trip to Panama.
I ususally feel this way when I come back from a missions trip, so it's not really new. It's a whole different life when you're away (even for a week). Being around people who have far less than you (except for maybe their televisions. A LOT of people had really big televisions in Panama; even those who had hardly anything else) really puts things in perspective.
Unfortunately, the perspective doesn't always last long for me. Sadly, more than not, I end up right back where I was, being consumed with the trivial. Maybe if I go on more trips during the year I can cut back on that mindset.
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
What's Important?
Posted by cwelkley at 8:25 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
This is a fight I have with myself pretty much on a daily basis.
"How can I be so upset about this...it's NOTHING in the over all world-view."
And yet, everyday it happens again and again.
I have no solution, though. Sorry!
Post a Comment