CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Embarrassing Moment

While watching the episode of Dawson's Creek, I was reminded of my most embarrassing moment. Some of my blog viewers might argue that watching Dawson's Creek is said embarrassing moment, but they'd be wrong (clearly they have not watched and/or appreciated this show of teen/college angst). At any rate, after Joey breaks up with Dawson for the millionth time she sends him a very personal e-mail that, unbeknowst to her, she sends campus-wide instead of to Dawson.



So, on with my similar embarrassing moment. Many years ago, I was enamored with a certain someone. I wanted to tell a friend of mine a little story about how close I came to almost holding the object of my affections hand. I was having a hard time sending off the e-mail, so I did a little "reply" to an e-mail she had sent out to everyone who worked on our campus.



Sidenote: I always hated it when people would "reply to all", things that didn't need the attention of the masses, so I was always sure to hit "reply". Every once in a while it didn't matter if you hit reply, it would reply to all.



After I wrote my cute note about what "could have happened" with this guy, I hit send. I immediately received an e-mail. "Hmm, wonder who this is from. It's from..............ME!!!!!!!!!! Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" This is when the horrible sick, hot feeling came over my body. Beads of sweat. Nausiated. I just e-mailed this to everyone on my campus! Since said "special man" taught a few classes on my campus I was mortified that he had received this e-mail as well.



So, for the next week or so I had people coming up to me saying, "So.....who's the guy?" and "You wanted to hold his hand, huh?" Thank my lucky stars "he" did not get this e-mail!! I'm even more glad that nothing ever came of that person, because then I would not be in love with the wonderful man that I'm in love with today!! :)

1 comments:

Leaning Shanty Farm said...

Oh How I Looooove that Story!!

PS Sorry I've missed your calls...I've been in a crappy mood since the house thing doesn't seem to be working out like I wanted it to.

Blah.

I'm on my third glass of wine. And just to prove that, I had to rewrite about 3/4 of the words in the previous sentence. Ex. Thrid, instead of Third.

Yeah Wine!