CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving Adventure

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Mine was quite lovely. As stated, I went to visit my cousin in Sacramento. We talked until the wee hours, watched the parade the next morning, got our "food" on, went to visit a friend of hers in the hospital and went to a movie. Quite an eventful time. Our non-traditional feast consisted of:

Enchiladas
Broccoli Salad
Pineapple Cheese Salad (it sounds gross until you taste it's yummy goodness)
Acorn Squash
Bread
We did have some appetizers before which were mini quiche and Totino's Pizza Rolls!!
The hospital visit was fine except for when her friend started talking about all the needles they were putting in her and all the blood they were taking from her. It didn't help that her room was an oven!!! I literally almost passed out!

The movie was great! We saw 4 Christmases. Probably an hour in I said to my cousin, "I'm so buying this movie when it comes out." This is high praise considering I only ended up seeing half the movie. My B-friend called from Hawaii and I hadn't talked with him so I popped out into the lobby and when I came back, the there was about 5 minutes until the credits started rolling. No biggie! I had free tickets and I want to see it again anyway.

While we were in the movies I saw some people who the daughter used to go to the school I had taught at. It was one of those "planet-aligning moments" that you are amazed that you'd see those people in that place on that day. It was great seeing them again. We talked forever after the movie. Here's a picture of Kelly and me:

0 comments: