So, another annoying workout at Curves. I'm having a difficult time because on the one hand I NEED to lose weight and get in shape. On the other hand I'm not good with people all up in my business at every moment. If it was just ocassionally I could handle it, but it's LITERALLY 3 to 4 times during my workout that I'm either doing something wrong, they're having an in-depth conversation with me about my weigh in WHILE I'm in the middle of pushing myself and sweating at a machine, they want to follow me around like a puppy dog asking me what exactly I did during the week, they want to "cheer" me on OR they want to stand behind me and watch while I get my workout results on the monitor. UGGGGHHHH!!!!
Here are my options (with a nice poll at the bottom so you can participate):
1. Quit. Mind you, I'm not motivated enough to do anything on my own.
2. Stay, but keep to myself. Pretty much just be super quiet and not say much of anything to anyone and hope they get the hint. FYI that's what I've been trying but they have not quite taken the hint.
3. Counteract their crazy with my own crazy. Example:
4. Act like a crotchety old lady. Example:
7 comments:
I would like to offer you an alternative. Print up one of those cards that the mute use, explaining to them that you recently returned from a trip to um...Burma and you returned with a highly contagious virus that spreads via sweat and spit and has affected your hearing and vocal cords. You appreciate their concern but until you get the all clear from the Center for Disease Control you suggest they stay 15 feet away (far enough?). Take hand sanitizer with you and use it to wipe down the equipment after you use it. It may be annoying to clean up after others, but will help establish the lie.
Walk in and tell all the staffers that you have a hard time focusing on your work out when they talk to you, so if you have time when you are done, maybe you can chat then, otherwise you'd appreciate it if they'd just leave you to your work out.
Or you could walk in with a t-shirt you make on Cafe Press that says "I am antisocial and I hate people" - maybe that would do the trick! ;-)
Buy a Wii and the Wii Fit!! I am LOVING it!!! And you can mute the yoga/strength instructor, but he's not that annoying...and so NOT a chatter!!
i actually like that t-shirt idea too...
Or...you can start babbling in Spanish and then respond, "no habla eeeengles" anytime they try to ask you a question...
This also fits a little in to the "counteract crazy with your own crazy" ...
I'm with Megan on just flat out telling them to leave you alone. It's probably the only thing that will work.
However, I REALLY like the tshirt idea. :)
Post a Comment