Today, I decided to grab coffee on the way to my lesson instead of making a cup at home (and then, of course, get a power-packed one later). So off I went! When I got to the drive-through I noticed that the line of cars was outrageous. Guess I'll have to go in. Then the awful truth hit me......I left my purse at home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Trust me, I searched for it, searched for a stray $5 bill, a rogue gift card. Nothing! NOOOOOOOOO!!!! A bit of panic set in. My head will explode if I don't get a cuppa. I so hate that I'm an addict. A "bean-head" or "shot-head" if you will.
Now, the time is ticking away until my lesson. What to do, what to do???? I guess I can hope an pray to score some coffee at The Music Place (that's where I teach). If there isn't any, I'll make a pot. Sometimes they don't replenish things. What if there's no coffee there???? My parents' house isn't too far. I'd have to just drink the dreaded instant coffee crap. Gotta do what you gotta do. It's like a hit of bad crack until you can score some of the good stuff!!!!!!!!
Well, bad crack it was!! The Music Place did have a pot of swill on with no cream, no sugar, so black garbage it was. Surprisingly, I found a Starbucks gift card in my box!!!! Hallelujah! I'll drive straight to my dealer (Starbucks) and get the good stuff after my lesson. :) And I did.
I live to see another day. I die another day at the thought that I truly, truly have an addiction.
Friday, May 22, 2009
I've Hit An All-Time Low!
Posted by cwelkley at 12:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I was a raving...fill in the blank this morning because I didn't have my coffee but still had to interact with people. Dangerous!
That's not my comment. My comment is that a friend of mine from seminary recently went off coffee and entertained us via FB with his daily hysterical daily status updates. It was surprising how addicted he had become without realizing it. Just a thought.
Post a Comment