I have a lot of little things to say today. Maybe you could take a chunk a day for your weekend reading. :)
Annoyances in my complex:
I have SUPER quiet neighbors, so that is very nice. In my last place it seemed like my downstairs neighbors were playing racquetball against their wall everyday. There are 2 things that are quite annoying in my new place:
1. The Stupid, Loud, Yippy, Blankity-Blank DOG!!!! I swear, if I ever see that dog, it better run for it's life. Every day, "Yap, yap, yip, yip, yip!!!!!" Sometimes I find myself yelling, "SHUT UP!!"
2. The beeping. Someone needs to change the battery in their smoke detector. Beeping, day in and day out. I do have a solution for this. I'm planning on walking around the complex until I find where the beeping is coming from. Then I will leave a battery with an anonymous note attached saying, "Please change the battery in your smoke detector. The beeping is driving everyone crazy. Thank you."
Funny and not-so-funny stories from yesterday:
1. Yesterday I was running behind, which of course means that everyone around me was in extra slow mode. I even texted my friend Mary to tell her that I'd be a little late to Bible study and please pray that I don't punch someone. I was picking up lunch for Bible study when I landed myself behind "Malt ball lady" in Whole Foods. When she was the next person to be waited on, I noticed her frantically digging through her purse. This did note bode well for me. She's now being waited on and she says, "I don't know the price of the malt balls (bulk bin). Can you look it up?" So the guy starts looking it up. He says, "Looks like it's $11 a lb." She says, "No, you're wrong." He looks again. "Ok, $7 a lb." She looks at him hesitantly. He says, "Well you said you thought it was around $7 and the last price I said was $11, so does that work for you?" Now, the whole time they were talking she kept looking at me saying "sorry". So when he asked if it "worked for her" I was nodding my head yes. She looks at me: "Sorry". Finally she agrees on the price and looks at the pile o' coins in her hand and decided she'll just use her card.
Things we've learned from this story:
a. Do NOT buy malt balls in Whole Foods! $7 a lb is outrageous!!!!
b. Saying "sorry" don't make you go no faster.
c. Since when can we "negotiate" prices at a grocery store?
2. After Bible study I went to Target to buy some shampoo. The day before I was thinking, "I love the yummy smelling shampoos, but I'm nervous to leave my Head and Shoulders for fear of flaky scalp. Why can't they make Head and Shoulders in different smells?" I went into the shampoo section of Target and what to my wondering eyes should appear???? Head and Shoulders Citrus Breeze!!! Also, Head and Shoulders extra volume. :) :) :) :) It's like the Head and Shoulders Big Brother heard me. Thanks!
3. Apparently there are funny piano student stories on a different day than Wednesday. Ok, I should rephrase. It was really a funny dog at my student's house story. This is a dog I've dog sat before. I'm not head over heels for dogs, but this is one of the few that I love. Every time I come to the door for lessons this dog usually brings a shoe in it's mouth and whines and wags her tail at me. We're friends. :) So yesterday, apparently there were no shoes. I didn't notice for a while and then I finally looked at what she was carrying. Wait for it.........a jock strap!!!!!!! In her mouth as a present for me. NO THANK YOU, but totally Hi-Larious!!!!!
I truly hope you all have a marvelous weekend. Mine looks to be quite busy (except for Monday). Happy Friday!
Friday, May 29, 2009
A Little Light Reading For Your Weekend
Posted by cwelkley at 7:48 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
OH MY GOODNESS! I laughed out loud when I read about your "gift" from the dog... would that happen to be Jonah the dog?
Post a Comment