First let me preface this by saying: It is very difficult to avoid blogging about people that make me happy (you'll understand later in my post).
Now, on to "The Who's Tommy." I went to a production of CMT (Children's Musical Theatre) last night. My guy was doing the vocal direction so we had comp. tickets. This was THE weirdest musical I have ever seen. Sooooo bizarro. If Anthony hadn't have told me what the story-line was before hand I would have maybe taken a nap to be more productive during the show. At any rate, even knowing the story-line didn't keep it from being weird.
The kids were great in the show. There were some delicious vocals and harmonies! I love that kind of stuff. The band was amazing! The two younger boys that played Tommy were SUPER creepy. I really think it has everything to do with a kid wearing an entire outfit of white that includes a jacket, shorts and knee high socks. Very Damien-esc. My friend Lisa and her daughter Janelle were there, so it was fun chatting with them. AND I got to sit next to the vocal director and go out to dinner with him after the show! He paid!!!! Even better. :)
Conclusion: I think "The Who's Tommy" would make more sense in a drug-induced state. Unfortunately I do not, and never will do drugs, so it will have to continue to be THE WEIRDEST musical I've ever seen.

2 comments:
I didn't realize that you had never seen Tommy. It is def....different.
It was our Freshman production when I was in college. I love it!! Though it disturbs me that "kids" are doing it. However, if they are out of high school, then I don't mind as much.
I love Tommy's music! Well, there had to be ONE thing we didn't have in common...
Post a Comment