I thought I had a handle on the ol' jetlag. But, alas, I do not. I decided, "I think I'll pop into my comfy bed for a moment." This was around 2pm, I think. Then I woke up, fresh as a daisy at......9:30pm!!!! Bummer! Now what am I going to do? I clearly decided to not venture out of my home today and productivity in home was down by 98%. I will chalk it up to a day of COMPLETE rest. Now that I'm up (could be all night), I will blog.
On my recent trip to Africa I watched more movies on the plane than I have in the last year. I'll do a little review since, well, people are all going to bed now that I'm up. Although, maybe I could call someone in Nairobi?
#1. Up
This is the animated movie about a man that flies his house to South America. I'm always a little nervous to see an animated movie (don't want to waste my money on it if it stinks). It was actually quite good. The kid in the movie is hi-larious as is the main dog (POINT!).
#2. The Orphan
If you know me at all, you know I'm always up for a good creepy movie. This was creepy. The end, although, was a little more disturbing than creepy. It was quite different than I EVER could imagine.
#3. The Answer Man (or Arlan Faber)
This movie I caught maybe 30 minutes or so in. It was a cute movie and helped pass the time. Would I see it at a theater or rent it? I don't believe so. But for a movie you see on a plane, it was not too bad.
#4. Julie and Julia
I had been wanting to see this movie and I'm really glad I was able to. It was very cute and I enjoyed Amy and Meryl very much. The chewing noises were a bit much and it made me quite hungry in parts (especially since I knew I was later getting airplane food). I'm always inspired by cooking shows and often think, "I could TOTALLY make that!" Mostly I cannot.
#5. The Time Traveler's Wife
Now I've heard some not great review on this movie (mostly from people who have read the book). I watched anyway. Since I never read the book, I quite enjoyed this movie. It did jump around a lot (as any good time-travelly movie will do), but other than that, it was pretty good.
Well, there you have it! Reviews due to my almost 8 hours of sleep this afternoon and evening. BLARGH!!!!
Friday, November 20, 2009
Lucky For Y'all I Have Jetlag
Posted by cwelkley at 9:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Jet lag. Hmmm. Maybe I have job lag. Retiring last week from my career in law enforcement and working for the last two years on night shift, I have been all whacked out for sleep. I pass out, sleep four hours, stay up a while, pass out again, wake up, nod off.
Hope I get this straightened out before I start my Next Career. I just don't think many employers will allow this schedule.
Good luck on the jet lag.
Uncle Mike
A comment from Holly (who can't remember her Google user name.)
'Sup! See you're blogging again, mazel tov! I agree about the movie watching, I hadn't sat and watched that much tv in at least a year I think. Did you watch the one where the guy gets his soul sucked out and rents another one? I enjoyed that much. However, writing this comment and thinking about these movies is making me feel the way I did one those flights and I DO NOT like it. Yuck. Makes me have to pee too, if you know what I mean...
Post a Comment