Today I had to go in for jury duty. I thought I was invincible because I got away with just checking up until 5 pm on Wednesday. Then they told me I had to come in at 8:30 am on Thursday. Boo!
So, an uncomfortable night sleep later, and I was up at the crack to get my coffee and head over to W. Hedding.
Parking: No biggie
Entering: Purse on belt, extra stuff in tray, beeped as I walked through but I guess they didn't care, shoe check. Done
Jury Waiting Room: I called it jury detention. I sat down and found some word search pages near me. Yay! I didn't have a book (I know, I know, it says on the paper "bring a book"!). There were clear boundaries between the chatty half of the room and the I'm-not-talking-to-anyone side of the room. I was on the NON talkies. I spent my time harassing my friends on Facebook and bugging people through texts (Shutty! Y'all loved it!).
3 hours of waiting..........
We are finally called in!
Courtroom: We all sit down. If only people could be normal and just scootch all the way down the row. It's not like they're going to a concert where they get to pick their seats. Lady bailiff tells us that she's sorry we had to wait and the judge will be here soon. The judge strolls in and tells us that the case was a burglary case and at the very last minute the guy pled guilty which meant we were all off!!!!!
Done and Done!
Thursday, July 15, 2010
The Jury Is In
Posted by cwelkley at 1:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment