Friday, April 29th in Nashville (technically Brentwood), TN consisted of 3 events (so far):
1. The Waffle House
2. Belle Mead Plantation
3. The Perch
These are the transcripts of said experiences.....
THE WAFFLE HOUSE
Many people said to avoid The Waffle House, while many others said, "Go for it!" I went for it. It was definitely an experience. It had that small, diner feel to it. Right off the bat people were VERY friendly to me. Then I ordered the strawberry waffle with some bacon and a cup of coffee. Data findings:
1. Coffee: Gross
2. Waffle: Thought it would have strawberries on it, it had strawberry "pieces" in it. It was ok.
3. Bacon: Good.
While I was eating it seemed as if there was a show going on with all the employees. They were talking loud and laughing and then the cook said, "I have that song stuck in my head." I said (quietly from my seat), "Oh please sing it, please sing it, please sing it...." He did!!! Don't know what the song was and he only sang a little, but it was AWESOME!!!!
At the end of my stay, I went up to the cash register to pay. I thanked my waitress and said, this was my first time in a Waffle House. Another waitress overheard me and said, "Oh! You're not a Waffle House virgin anymore! Would you like a hat?" I, of course, did. She wrote something on the hat and handed it to me:If you can't read what it says, I will tell you: "No longer a Waffle House virgin." FYI, she wrote it on BOTH sides for all to see. :) Thanks Waffle House for being AWESOME!
BELLE MEADE PLANTATION
I had heard a few people rave about this place and thought I'd check it out today. So, I grabbed my brochure from the lobby of my hotel and headed out right after Waffle House.This is the lovely brochure with a picture of the mansion on the front. Getting there was pretty easy and quite a beautiful drive. The homes, nay, mansions down the road I drove to get there were GORGEOUS!!! If I were rich and didn't hate the weather here, that is where I'd live.
So I arrive at the plantation and just as I get out of my car, an actual busload of teenage girls get off a tour bus and walk in ahead of me. So much for a quiet, leisure day. Moments later I see about 4 groups of elementary aged kids walking about. OY!!!! Fortunately for me, I was not lumped in with either group. When the people next to me gave a groan about the group of little kids I couldn't help but chime in and groan with them and tell them that I was a teacher on vacation trying NOT to be around children. Those people and I became fast friends. Now for a picture of our sweet tour guide. I LOVED her and she sounded like the sweetest Southern Belle of all times.She is by the door in her lovely hoop skirt and bonnet. :)
This is the view from the front porch.
After a great tour (that lady was FULL of intriguing history), we were dropped off in the winery. Hooray! Well, hooray until I started the wine tasting. I have NEVER fancied myself to be a wine snob, but I have to say, living in California gives you a better sense of what good wine tastes like. They did not have good wine there. BLECH!!!!
THE PERCH
After my exciting tour of Belle Meade I drove around Brentwood (where my hotel is) to see what I could see. I spied a VERY cute little crepe restaurant and went in. Here's a picture of my delicious crepe with my yummy coffee.So far a very good day. And all done by myself. That's a little victory! :)
Friday, April 29, 2011
Waffle House, Belle Meade & The Perch
Posted by cwelkley at 12:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment