CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 16, 2007

An 80's Retrospective




Ahhh, the 80's. Everyone thinks they know and understand it, but only the one's who LIVED it can truly appreciate it. I loved the 80's. Do I think the fashion from the 80's should return in everyday wear? Not really. Do I think you should always have some sweet 80's fashions in your closet just in case there's an 80's party in your future (believe me, there's always an 80's party in your future)? Most definitely!!




The reason I'm bringing this up is because some of my 80's past has recently visited me.

I found some of my jewelry!! Some pieces are very sentimental, like the double-pierced heart earring (they don't make 'em like that anymore). Or the fake diamond shoe clip (bottom center). Remember shoe clips?!? Then there's the ever popular dangly coin clip-on earring. Sadly, I only have one because my "friend" Dave stole the other one from me. I still want that back!!! My all time fav. is the gold brooch with twin angels and a purple faux stone. Man I loved wearing that above the top button of my blouse with my collar turned up!!




I hope you can dial it back to your experiences in the 80's!! I hope they're rad!!




-Sister Christian







1 comments:

Leaning Shanty Farm said...

Oh that jewelry...oh it's SOOOO 80s!! And I LOOOOVE it!!!! Esp. the double pierced earring!! SWEEEEET!!!