So, I HAD a very :) happy subject to blog about today. Then I got some news that made this blog less :) and more :l. Yesterday I met with my accountant (dad) and went through my taxes. I feel that if you can choose your parent's occupation, accountant is a great one. At any rate, we ended our time with me actually getting money back from the government!! Who would have thought that when you make nothing you get something back? I guess Hurray for being poor!
Well, the new news is that I guess it's better if I take out all withholdings in order to pay on the taxes during the year since I am an independant contractor and I don't have taxes pulled out of what I get paid. (I'm so throwing around tax words right now and really have no idea if I used them in the correct way---hee!hee!). So instead of getting money back from the gov., I just won't have to pay anything. This is also very good since I've had to pay for the last few years.
So what started off as a super happy blog turns out to be a pretty neutral blog. No money out is always good, though.
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
From :) to :l but at least not :(
Posted by cwelkley at 8:45 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I have to say, Not Paying makes me :). I'm not sure if we'll have to pay this year...I REALLY hope not!! Man, I am so envious that you have your dad for all that stuff.
Post a Comment