CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Quick, Easy and Inexpensive

My nieces and nephew have these great rice pillows. I really wanted one because my feet get super cold at night and sometimes I can't get to sleep. Through research from my friend Abbey I decided it looked like too much work (I needed a sewing machine and I don't have one). Then I got a brilliant idea that snowballed. I started out with a sock and the only rice I had (brown). I put the rice in the sock and tied it off. It worked pretty well, but it was small and the brown rice did NOT smell good when it was hot. Then I decided to buy a pair of really cute knee-socks at my favorite store Target. I filled one with white rice (no smell) and tied it off. The only thing I didn't like was the end off the knot that was just hanging there. It was perfect for my foot warming purposes, though. I heated it up for 1 1/2 minutes, watching the whole time thinking that it would burst into flames at any moment. It didn't. Then I stuck that bad boy at the bottom of my bed and my tootsies were super warm and I fell fast asleep.
The look still wasn't quite right. I then took the other sock, turned it inside out, filled it with the rice, tied it off and flipped the rest of the sock over the top of the sock. It's not too froo-froo but it is cute and streamlined. Here it is:

It looks like a rolled up sock, but I know the magic that lies within. I LOVE my foot warmer!!!!

1 comments:

Leaning Shanty Farm said...

Wonderful, Creative Idea!!!

Good job Crafy Chris!!