CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 24, 2008

A Moment Of Silence

So this year I decided to let the fate of the American Idol rest with the other people of America. That just means I wasn't voting this year (like my handfull of votes really changed an outcome). I also warned myself that I was not allowed to complain if my favorite didn't get through. Man! I sound like Seacrest!!!



Anyway, I'm NOT complaining, but I am a little sad that my favorite, Carly, left at spot #6. Now, she did not seem super shocked or upset that she was leaving. I think that she knew that after Idol she "had it in the bag" as far as her career. Go on Carly!! I'm pretty happy that her last song was a kick-butt version on Jesus Christ Superstar that she completely rocked on!!

*************************************************************

On a completely different note......a moment of silence for my sinuses.



Last night I completely HAD IT!! I was tired of my sinuses hurting and my head throbbing. I had to bite the bullet and get the dreaded Netty Pot. I so did not want to do it, but I went over to Target and started looking around. I couldn't find anything for a while.



I started looking for some new reading glasses (mine are a little too strong and my eyes have been bugging me a bit). So as I was looking at the glasses this lady comes up to me and says, "Have you seen the ones for a dollar?" (Was she talking to me? I guess so, since I'm the only one in the aisle and she's looking at me.) "What's for a dollar?" I ask. "The reading glasses!" I couldn't imagine the quality of reading glasses that were in the dollar bins, and I told her so. She told me that they were really cute but that her husband needed glasses that were a little more manly.



Don't fret, I got the glasses from the section that was made for reading glasses. I did check out the dollar glasses, though. Think purple and bedazzled, plastic reading glasses. :)



Back to the Netty Pot. After I got my "real" glasses I went up to the pharmacy and asked about Netty Pots. The girl said, "Yes, we have two different kinds." One was a spray up the nose and the other was your typical Netty Pot. I figured, if anything has to go up my nose I don't want it to be harshly SPRAYED up my nose. I told the girl I'd take the Pot. She said, "A lot of people get that one because it was recommended by Oprah." Ugh!!! I almost put it back. "Well," I said, "that's NOT why I'm getting it, but thanks."

At home I read my instructions, prepared my Netty Pot and myself. It was NOT a pleasant experience and I know that I'll have to do it MANY more times before it makes a difference, but I'm willing to try.

I hope y'all feel privileged that you are now so much closer to me because you know all about my sinuses!!! :)

3 comments:

Leaning Shanty Farm said...

My thoughts...

1. WHAT THE HECK with Carly being kicked off AI???????? CRAZY!!

2. Wow. TMI about your sinuses!! :) Hahaha...canNOT believe you got one of those pots!! But tell me if it works eventually because I think if might be time for me to get one to.

BLAH!!!!!!!!

Leaning Shanty Farm said...

PS LOVED that you said "y'all" in your post!

Mary said...

You had me interested in the Netty Pot until you mentioned Oprah..oh well. :)