If I didn't think that everyday events were "adventures" then my life would be SOOO boring. So, I choose to think of them as adventures.
Here we go!! About a week and a half ago I spied a really cute shirt at Macy's. It was one of those shirts that fits so perfectly that you can't help but get it. The only problem was the price. I have a really hard time paying $50 for a SHIRT. So, I waited. Several days later I found it on sale!!! Sadly, my size was not in stock at that Macy's. The very next day I went to the other mall and checked the price of the shirt. NOT on sale. I went up to the clerk and said, "This shirt was just on sale yesterday, but they didn't have it in my size at the other mall and now it's at it's original price." She said, "Yes, that sale is over." And so was our conversation apparently.
I kept my eyes and ears open and saw a commercial for a one day sale at Macy's. This was my chance!!! Then, more sad news. The sale ended at 1pm. I worked until 2. :( Never fear, that's what great mothers are for. My mom said she'd pick up the shirt for me and even offered me her Macy's coupon!!!! Hurray!
After work I got the shirt from my mom with the price of a mere $23. Wow!! I wore my shirt the very next day and was so happy with it. Until. Around 5pm I looked down and noticed that the lacy part of the shirt was very fuzzy. The shirt was ruined!!
Aparently, the strap from my purse (which is the same material as a seatbelt) had rubbed the lace a weird way and completely destroyed my new shirt. This meant that I could never wear a seatbelt with this shirt because it would do the same damage. Upset and dejected I decided I must take back the shirt.
Today, I went back to Macy's trying to come up with plans A, B, and C just in case they didn't think they should take back my shirt that I could never wear in a car or with my purse. As I approached the clerk I went with "friendly" Chris instead of "confrontational" Chris. The clerk was on a phone call. She took my shirt, scanned the receipt.......So far so good. Then she said, "Next time you bring something in, don't take the tag off (I had taken off the tag but had it with me)." I was so nervous. She took her tag puter-back-on-er and that was that. She never even looked at the shirt or asked my why I was bringing it back. I felt a little bad for not saying anything, but thought maybe she wouldn't have taken the shirt back.
At any rate, that was the adventure of "The Day I Got To Wear The Best Fitting Shirt." How sad is my life? :)
Monday, April 21, 2008
Oh The Adventures I Have!
Posted by cwelkley at 1:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
OH NO!!! I can't believe that the shirt got ruined so easily!!
Can you imagine if you HAD paid the $50 for it??? What is everything made so crappy now-a-days??
(I can just hear Drew now, "That's a good story, Grandma!")
Post a Comment