CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Won't You Be My Neighbor?

Yesterday I was at the house of some "friends" (this blog will be a little vague). These people have had some problems with their neighbor and had recently told me some stories that were pretty crazy. As I pulled up to their house I noticed there was a pile of garden debris next to the curb, so I manuvered my car to park in front of the debris. As I did this I made sure that I was not in front of their neighbor's house. As I got out of my car the neighbor lady was leaving with her child.

**Time passes**
Now it is time for me to leave. As I walk outside I look at my car and the big van that is now parked in front of my car. Something looked a little "off". As I get closer I notice that our bumpers are practically stuck together! Oh man, here we go!!! I went back inside to hash things out with my friends. How do I deal with this without getting my friends into more of a mess with their neighbors?
**We've figured it out**
I'm the type of person whose bark is bigger than their bite. When asked by my friends, "So are you going to go over there? I hope it's the guy and not the lady", I say, "I hope it IS the lady!! Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!" The my stomach starts flip-flopping as I make my way up to their door.
**Here's the scenario**
(Please read the lady's part with zero expression)
Knock! Knock! Knock!
Lady: (Opens the door). Hi.
Me: Hi. I'm parked out front here and was wondering if you knew that your van was touching, well really ON my car? I was just wondering if maybe you might have accidentally hit my car.
Lady: My husband parked the van. (Look in her eye as if to say that she was finished talking)
Me: Well, is your husband here?
Lady: No. (Moving away from the door because she's done with me)
Me: OK, well I just wanted to let you know that your car is on my car.
Lady: Ok.
So, I walk to my car and take a bunch of pictures, back the car up and examine if there's any damage. While I do this I notice that she is watching me from her house. Lucky for them there is no damage.
**Final Thoughts**
Clearly, the fact that these people were parked so snuggly against my car, they either hit me or they deliberately and strategically parked their car against mine. Knowing what I know about these people and how the lady reacted when I confronted her, I believe that the parking was a statement: "If you park your car over the invisible neighbor line, we will park our car in the exact spot we always do whether you're car is there or not."
In retrospect, I should have asked her to come out to look at my car to make sure that she saw if there was any damage. I think I was so blown away by her lack of concern that I just left. If someone had come to my house and said that, I would have been apologizing up the ying-yang and would have rushed out of my house to see what happened.
**My feathers are ruffled today, people!!! The end**

1 comments:

Leaning Shanty Farm said...

OHHHHHH MYYYYYYYY WOOOOOORDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the heck is wrong with these people?????????

It's time to throw down!!!!!!!!!!!!

(on a calmer note:)
Very smart of you to take pics. Did you get pics of their van, too? Because all you need is them being stupid and saying that you hit them and caused their van damage.

(back to being angry)
SERIOUSLY PEOPLE!!!!!! WHAT IS THE DEAL??????? DO I NEED TO COME OVER AS "TEACHER ABBEY" SO THAT WE CAN TAG TEAM 'EM??? I'M THERE!!!