CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 30, 2008

Wild Kingdom

The nest is built on top of the left bird's head

Outside the front of my house is a decorative hanging "bird thing". A little over a month ago a little humming bird decided that the birds were her family and she built a nest on top of it. A few days later.....little eggs!! They looked like jelly beans. About a week or so later.....birds, or maybe bird. I've only seen one baby, and it's not so baby anymore. This thing is getting HUGE. I don't even know how the mom and baby share the same nest.
It's REALLY hard to get a picture of the baby and the mom flies off every time I come outside. She kinda yelled at me this morning.
NATURE......who wouldda thunk?

1 comments:

Leaning Shanty Farm said...

I am so jealous that you have a hummingbird nest outside the window. SO CUTE! (Except the whole weird spitting thing.)