CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 6, 2008

PLEASE, Stop Telling My Secrets!!







It's one thing to have a friend in school telling secrets about you (that can be hurtful), but when adults start telling your identity information, that is terrible!!

Yesterday, I went to pick up lunch for my Bible study group and after I signed my Visa receipt the lady kept saying, "Bye!" as if to say, "I'll pick that up when I'm not so busy." Now I realize that only half of my credit card number is on there, but I need to know that she received my receipt, so I kept standing there. I then said, "Sorry, I'm pretty annal about making sure you get this before I leave." She then smile really big, grabbed the receipt and said, "Oh sure, no problem." My friend Mary has me paranoid that the lady is probably blogging about me today. So, if you see a blog out there entitled, "Crazy Receipt Lady" it's most likely about me. :)

Now, this next one was really bad (not overly paranoid bad). I was at the doctor's office on Tuesday and apparently I haven't been in since I moved. The lady at the front desk (which, by the way, faces out into a shared lobby area that is very echo-y) was asking me my new contact information. No problem! I rattled it off to her. Then she says.........what is your social security number. I pause and take a breath. How should I do this? So, I decide to whisper talk out the side of my mouth: "number, number, number." She repeats (loudly), "NUMBER! NUMBER! NUMBER!" I give her a look that says, "FOOLISH WOMAN, PLEASE!!" She gets the gist. I contine, "number, number." She continues (almost quieter than me), "number, number." I say, "Thank you for not shouting out my social."

I'm pretty open and tell people pretty much everything, so I wish they'd stop sharing my "actual" secrets!!

1 comments:

Leaning Shanty Farm said...

Oy! The SS# one is the worst!!!