Well, kids, it actually happened. The Bay Area got a "Sprinkles". There really are people out there who don't know what "Sprinkles" is, I've found them. "Sprinkles" is a swanky cupcake store originally from the LA area. A new store is now nestled amongst other swanky stores in our very own Stanford Shopping Center. It opened on Tuesday, September 23rd.
I decided that since I'm a sucker for a good cupcake, I would make the trek to Palo Alto and get one. Somehow I "convinced" my mom to go with me. We drove. And drove. When we finally arrived I got in the HUGE line while my mom went shopping. There were probably 25 people or more in line ahead of me outside. Then there was a line inside as well. A lesser woman would have given up. Not me!! I knew that inside there awaited sugary dreams that I had only heard about and in a mere 30 or 40 minutes those dreams would be a reality!
As I stood in line I really wished I would have applied sunscreen to the back of my neck. It was very hot yesterday. While I burned and waited I was thrilled that my bionic ears were at work; for behind me were 3 college aged girls talking up a storm. I only wish that I could vocally demonstrate what and how they were saying what they were saying.
They talked of boys and snotty girls. They rudely mimicked anyone who said anything around them. But my favorite topic was that of getting married and having children.
On getting married: "She's getting married."
"How old is she?"
"21"
"That's SO young!"
"Guys, my parent's got married at 21."
"So did mine."
"Times are different now."
"That's true."
"Maybe I'll get married at 30."
"This other girl got married at the PERFECT age."
"What's that?"
"26."
Me Thinking: Maybe you just wait until you actually MEET someone to get married. You might have to wait until you're 37!!!!
New conversation:
"You would not make a good mom."
"That's so mean!"
"Yes, you would make a good mom. You'd make a totally good mom."
"I was just kidding."
"So-n-so said that she was going to do drugs with her kids when she had them."
"Oh my gosh, that's so terrible!!"
"Guys, there are actually people out there that do that. It's so sad."
Ok....I'm finally in Sprinkles and away from crazy girls. Before I entered a random woman seemed to be jumping the line. She got the evil eye from the first lady in line. Random woman said, "I just need to ask them a question. I'm not going to get anything, just ask a question." I kept my eye on her. She was in there for a long time and while I was waiting for my order to come up, she pulled out her credit card and walked away with a big bag. The lady who had been standing in front of my the whole time in line turned to me and said, "That was pretty slick of her." I replied, "Actually, that was pretty slimey of her. I have no respect for people like that."
At the end of my Sprinkles adventure I notice that our very own newscaster Lisa Kim was in to drop something off and aparently get free cupcakes.
So, what have we learned today, people?
1. Sprinkles is a little crazy right now.
2. College students are crazy (but funny).
3. Women who say they just have a question are lying.
4. Cupcakes are delicioius.
5. Newscasters get a lot of perks.
6. Palo Alto is too far to drive to, to stand in line for 40 minutes for overpriced circles of sugar.
And a final random thought: IT'S THE OFFICE PREMIERE TONIGHT!!!

1 comments:
Okay, I am in overload about what to say. My brain is about to explode! :)
YEA SPRINKLES! I will def. be up there at some point to try them out. Maybe Drew and I will stop by there on Saturday before A's bday party. Oh wait...it will be a Saturday which means more insanity. Maybe I'll just wait until the middle of a week far from it's opening day.
LOVE the convo that you overheard! The marriage one was funny because so many young girls (myself included) "pick" an age when they'll get married. When in reality, it's all about who you meet and WHEN you meet them. But I LOOOVED when one told the other they were not going to be a good mother. She was SO not joking!! I really wonder if girls should be allowed to be friends before they grad from college. So Much Snarkiness.
We should become "sort-of" famous so that we can lots of perks, too!
YEA for the Office!!! I seriously CANNOT WAIT!!! Are we only allowed to talk during commercials? :)
Post a Comment