Well, it finally happened, folks! Just like many things I try to "not like" because everyone else likes them or because I really don't think I care for them, they start to infiltrate and finally win out in the end. A few things that have won after I said I didn't like them or wouldn't do it:
1. Flared jeans
2. Frank Perretti books
3. Blogging
You get the idea. At any rate, another thing has cropped up. A singer actually. Robin Thicke. I think I had issues with him because of this one song where he sang falsetto the ENTIRE TIME. That kinda bugged. Also, he always seemed a little smarmy to me. Don't judge a book....I know, I know!!! Well I've heard a few more songs and they started growing on me. I found myself in Borders on Friday at a listening station, listening to the latest from Robin Thicke. Then I found myself at said Borders PURCHASING the Robin Thicke CD. Ummmm, kinda loving the Robin Thicke. :)
So, I decided that my boyfriend needed to hear R.T. too. So, I lent him the cd. He drove passed me minutes later and as we were at a stop light he rolls down his window and says, "He's all right." What??????? Just all right????????? Then I knew I must have become a fan because I said, "You do know he's white?" Then I yelled to him as we sped off in different directions, "He's Alan Thicke's son!!!! That's GOTTA mean something!"
Come on!!! You know that this cat's gotta have some chops if people are calling "ALAN THICKE'S SON" the "new king of soul."
Monday, October 27, 2008
Givin' In
Posted by cwelkley at 7:55 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! smarmy is EXACTLY what i thought of him, but i liked his latest tune too...so funny...
I actually really liked "Lost Without You." (That's what it was called right...the falsetto song?)
Anyhoo...I'm kinda diggin' on him myself.
But, man oh man, it's kinda hard to get over the he's Dr. Seaver's son.
ODD.
Post a Comment