CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Ding Dong The Tooth Is Gone!!!

I have a student who's been sporting a loose tooth for a month now. I'm not talking about them showing me how it moves when they wiggle it, I mean full on dangling, hanging by fewer threads every week. Every week it swings a little more and gets harder for her to talk. I seriously don't know how that thing didn't fall out on it's own just by sheer gravity.


I believe it came down to the pain factor and clearly the "fear of pain" won out over the fright-fest of the swinging pendulum in her mouth. I think if I was the mom I would have yanked it while she was sleeping.


At any rate, the tooth was gone this week!! She came in and said, "I have something good to tell you." I said, "Is it about your tooth being gone?" She said, "No." I said, "How did it finally come out?" She said, "The dentist." I said, "Oh, did he pull it out?" She said, "SHE did it by using something that didn't hurt me."


Well, I suppose that's the way to do it if you can't handle the pain. :) I hope she never stubs her toe or she's in for a world of hurt.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY SWEET FRIEND GAIL!!!!!!

*FYI: One week down and on the mend!

2 comments:

Beth said...

I hate wiggly teeth. I have tricked a few out of Madelyn's mouth. I can't watch them hang.
My birthday is tomorrow. I enter the land of the 30's. All I want is a piece of chocolate cheesecake from the cheesecake factory. Yum.
Hope you are feeling a bit better. Love you cuz.

Leaning Shanty Farm said...

Ew! Ew! EWWWWWW!!!

I couldn't even read it knowing what this story was about!!

;)