CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Narcissistic Music

I suppose I should say I'm narcissitic when I listen to music. Apparently, music is all about me when I turn on the radio or pop in a CD. Especially so when I'm in love or have been dumped.

When you're in love, the music seems to be telling your story and when a sad song comes on the radio then you say, "Why on earth would they be playing this song to me??? I'm not sad!"

Then the music has a completely different meaning after you've been dumped. Songs that use to make your face light up suddenly become the enemy. "How dare they play that song to mock me!!!!" These songs must be destroyed. That just means turning the station, playing a CD instead or as a last resort, turning off the music (that one's hard to do).

There are always those songs that you never really listened to the words and now they are your favorite song. "How did you know that I was having a bad day? That's exactly what I was thinking and now you're singing it." Wow!! I sound a little crazy. Well, I'm feeling a little crazy lately.

So, here is my new favorite song that I didn't realize I loved until I was put into the situation that I am in today:

Leona Lewis' "Better In Time".

No offense to Leona but I was getting pretty tired of her songs on the radio (overplayed) until I really listened to the lyrics of this song being in my current situation. Here's the chorus:

Thought I couldn't live without you
It's gonna hurt when it heals too
It'll all get better in time
Even though I really love you
I'm gonna smile cause I deserve to (yes I do)
It'll all get better in time


Leona, girl, you really get me!!!! :) Of course I have to give it up to Pink as well for her song she wrote for me: "So What". That's when I'm in an angry mood.

So, go out there and see how many songs were put on the radio just for you. I promise there's a ton. Remember, if one comes on that doesn't fit and you're feeling mocked by the artist or the radio station just destroy it by changing the station!!!

1 comments:

Leaning Shanty Farm said...

I hear ya!

Music makes me feel what I'm feeling even more. Does that make sense?

PS Glad the tooth story is no longer at the top of your blog.