I'm totally geeking out over the San Jose Symphonic Choir!! I went to the rehearsal last night and it was amazing! We are singing two pieces. One is called "Flight Through The Stars (a Cantata of Discovery)" by Henry Mollicone, who apparently blessed the SJSC with the opportunity of singing it for it's first time. I believe this is either the 2nd or 3rd time they (I mean WE) will be performing it under the direction of Henry Mollicone on the night.
The time changes are RIDICULOUS! Here's an example of pg. 3: 3/4, 4/4, 3/4, 5/8, 2/4, 5/4, 2/4, 9/8. That is in a matter of 10 measures!!! It's so difficult and I love it!
The other piece we're doing is called "Requiem For Lost Children" by Sondra Clark. Now her rhythms are pretty straight forward but her tonality is crazy! Very atonal. Very exciting!
The director of this group is a musical genius! I feel like I'm in a music course and not just a part of a choir. He's a great teacher.
Music Geek = Me.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Geeking Out!
Posted by cwelkley at 9:25 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I hadn't remembered in years but I was in a choir when I was a kid- your enthusiasm is fabulous!! I hope you post a video of your performance. By the way, I've been lurking around ever since the post about the little girl with the dangling tooth. I think you're very funny and sorry bout being creepy:)
Nice to meet you.
Welcome Moonshark! Glad you're enjoying my crazy blog antics. :)
How cool! It's ok to geek out, geeking out is the new cool :)
how fun for you!!! be sure to let us know when you'll be performing so we can come and cheer you on. it's okay to cheer from the crowd right? :-)
Yea! So glad you're enjoying the choir!
Post a Comment