This past week I went to a conference in Texas. Being there I found a lot of things to blog about so we're calling this: Travel Week.
Today I will discuss observations I made while on the airplane:
*I notice that people who have sat down before their row partner have fear in their eyes when certain people get closer to where they are sitting. "Will that person be sitting next to me???" I think my fear is that I will have a little kid whose parents couldn't get seats all together and one kid has to sit next to someone on the plane. While coming back home I was sitting down and my row partner said, "Oh good! I was afraid I'd have to sit next to a 400 lb man who sleeps the whole time and snores." I didn't think that was very nice.
*I notice that I try and look up every once in a while at the flight attendants doing their "bit" so that I don't "get in trouble" for not paying attention. There's also that fear that if something tragic did happen and you didn't know what to do with your mask that falls down that everyone would know that you were reading a magazine while the flight attendants were doing their demonstration. Plus you'd probably end up dead. How embarrassing! :)
*I notice that while landing it gets very quiet and people have this sudden urge to look out the window. That one baffles me and cracks me up. Are they looking for their house? I think I've done that a time or two. Are they looking for friends? cars? good place to jump out? Maybe I'll ask next time.
*I notice that people think they know everything about the location they are flying into especially if they don't live there. Ok, this was only an observation this last flight that I took and it was HI-LARIOUS!!!!
As we're flying into San Jose we fly through a rain cloud. There was a flash of light and everyone jumps. There are murmurs going around the cabin:
"What was that?"
"I think it was lightning!"
The guy sitting across the aisle from me says, "This will be the first time I've seen it rain in San Jose!"
I said, "REALLY?!?"
Then the lady sitting next to me says, "It really hardly ever rains in San Jose."
I asked, "Are you from here?"
She says, "No."
I say, "Well, I'm from here and we get rain. In fact we had quite a bit last year."
She says, "I lived here a short time in the 80's and it seemed to rain around 11 in the afternoon for a while and then it was done for the day."
I say, "HMMM." But what I'm thinking is, "Are you sure you weren't living in Florida or Hawaii in the 80's and people just told you that you were in San Jose?"
Plane people are funny!!
Monday, January 26, 2009
Travel Week: Airplane Observations
Posted by cwelkley at 7:35 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Random Thought: Loving the new background, but ESP. (!!!) the new/old photos. AWESOME!
And I don't know about other people, but I look out the window when we land to make sure the ground isn't coming at me too fast. :) I do that all through the flight, too, but mostly when landing. Plus when you land in SF, it looks like you're going to land in water which is kind fun.
Post a Comment