CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Travel Week: People You Meet Along The Way

I met a lot of people this last week. Most of them were from the organization that I work with. Of course it's easy to be friendly when you know that someone is in the same group as you are because they have a nametag on with your group name on it as well.

I met/saw some others without the nametags that were interesting encounters.

Elevator girls: The night of our banquet I rushed up to my room to change clothes and do my hair in 5 minutes. On the way back downstairs I got into an elevator with three little girls in it. They were probably around 4th or 5th grade. I was feeling rushed and didn't feel like "fraternizing" with kids so I just stood there. Thank goodness they pressed about 5 buttons so I got to stay on longer with them!

I don't exactly know why this happened but one of the girls looked at me and slowly moves over to one of her friends (eyeballing me as she moves) and whispers something in her ear. The girl shrieks in laughter and looks at me. Then she slowly moves over to the other girl and does the same thing!!! I gave them that, "I'm a teacher and I've called many a parent and have given many a time out in my day" look. That's probably what they were whispering about. :)

The Star: There was another person I saw at the conference. I was looking around when I went to the banquet and I saw thing guy standing near me with a tattoo on the back of his neck. There aren't a ton of missionaries with tattoos on the back of their necks so I looked to see who it was. Oh, it's just Stephen Baldwin. It was kind of funny watching him walk around the hotel after that with his sunglasses on, chatting it up on his cell phone. "Stephen Baldwin! You're so silly!!!"

You never know who you'll meet in your travels. Keep your eyes peeled and give NO elementary student a reason to whisper!!!!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Now I want to know why they were whispering about you...

Leaning Shanty Farm said...

Oh Stephen Baldwin...

And speaking of running into people. Guess who I finally met last week????

S.S.H.!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEA!!!!!!!!