I probably should have made this two separate posts, but sometimes if I wait too long I've forgotten what I wanted to write about. So....here's a little great and a little annoying!
Great:
#1. I do not care for football and I did not watch the Superbowl on Sunday. I was, although, waiting for the hour long special of TheOffice to come on right after the Superbowl so I kept flipping back and forth to see what quarter they were in and do what I do best: root for the clock! To my surprise I probably caught the best 2 plays of the entire game. The first was the touchdown that put Arizona in the lead when there was about 3 minutes left of the game. I flipped back a little later and was telling the Stealers, "There is NO WAY you're going to score so just give it up so I can watch TheOffice!!!!!" To my surprise they DID score and, as we all know, won the Superbowl. That was actually pretty cool AND I didn't have to sit through the whole ridiculous game to catch the two best parts! Hooray for me! :)
#2. TheOffice episode after the Superbowl was probably one of the funniest I've seen and is now one of my all time favorites! I LOVED it!!!! I think it would be very difficult to name my favorite.
#3. 24 (I'm not giving anything away). I heard this quote on the radio but haven't actually heard it on an episode. I think it might be on next weeks episode. It's a truly fabulous quote. The President says to Jack Bauer, "Why should I trust you? I know nothing about you." Jack's response, "With all due respect, Madame President, ASK AROUND!" LOVE IT!!!!
Annoying:
#1. The fact that I am the embodiment of Murphy's Law. It is proven to me every day when I go to get into my car after coming out of a store. Inevitably a person parked on one side of me will also be getting out of the store at the exact same time and we will have to do the "Are they pulling out first or should I wait" routine. The other day the people on BOTH sides of my car came back at the same time as I did. The guy on my right pulled out first and the lady next to me was taking her time so I started to pull out. That's when she was finally ready to go and pulls out before me. Then, of course, there was someone taking their sweet time as they drove down the aisle. I should have just gone back into the store!!!!
#2. People blowing kisses. I don't know why this annoys me, but every once in a while you see people on tv who feel the need to blow kisses at the camera. Nobody wants your kiss!!! Knock it off!
#3. Tasting noises. Abbey and Gail know what I'm talking about. I love watching the cooking shows. The worst part about them is when the little tiny stick girl decides that she needs to take a taste of the creation that she's made. First of all, what's the point?? Your viewer can only see what you've made and you could be really good and "faking" how good it tastes. Secondly, why are you taking a millimeter piece of that pie??? Get a good forkful like Paula Dean! Thirdly, the noises they make. I really wish I could demonstrate. It's not a big hearty MMMMM!!! That's De-Licious!!! (except for Paula Dean---love her). It's more like mmm, real whispery and almost verging on sexy. That's disgusting.
Well, that's all for today, folks! Happy Tuesday.
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Great Things - Annoying Things
Posted by cwelkley at 8:32 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think you should adopt that 24 quote as your own...with all due respect (fill in name here) ask around!" By the way, I too hate that Tasting Noise, some of those chefs are watching too much late night cinemax if you know what I mean.
Mmmmm....Yum...nibble nibble...mmmmmm
Creepy taste sounds!
Post a Comment