I have been the Mayor of Funky Town for the past few days. Really, I guess you'd say Funk Town, because I've been in quite a funk and really have had zero desire to blog. Even typing this right now I'm feeling like deleting and walking away from my computer. This is strange since I tend to get a rush out of blogging. At any rate, on with the show.
I'm giving y'all an eyeful today because I don't know when I'll be in the mood to blog.
I Don't Care For:
*Stickers on the inside of people's car windows. Apparently they've let their youngsters go hog wild (perhaps the only way of keeping them quiet). It's very unattractive and I DO NOT care for it. I recommend Goo Be Gone.
Speaking of Recommendations:
*Revlon hair straightener. I highly recommend this. It gets piping hot and will take the curl or wave off anything.
*The West Wing. I'm years late in watching this, but I'm completely hooked. I believe I came in on the 2nd to the last season but they've started over so I'm going to get all caught up. If you haven't seen it because you thought it looked LAME then try a couple of episodes. You'll probably change your mind.
*To Do List on iGoogle. Love it!!!! It's super cool and I can have all the things I need to do right in front of my face on my computer.
My Plan For TV:
*Here's what I'm thinking.....every show on tv has a year limit (I'm thinking 5). Sometimes shows go on FAR too long (ie ER) and sometimes not long enough (ie What About Brian). This gives everyone an opportunity to have a beginning, middle and end and nobody is surprised when it's over. Now to those of you who say, "Well what about those great shows that had about 10 seasons?" I say, "You KNOW that about 3 of those seasons you could have done without (ie the middle ones)." Things start getting funky in the middle at times. Just think about this idea, people. It might just grow on you.
Car Tunes:
I made 2 cd's a while back and dubbed them "Car Tunes". One of them is for when I want to jam and the other is when I'm feeling sorry for myself. Here are the selections from each:
Jams:
1. Juicy (Better Than Ezra)
2. Ain't No Other Man (Christina Aguilera)
3. Sugar We're Going Down (Fall Out Boy)
4. Thnks Fr Th Mmrs (Fall Out Boy)
5. Clumsy (Fergie)
6. Sweet Escape (Gwen Stefani)
7. Jump Around (House of Pain) BTW - My new quest for memorizing lyrics.
8. 9 In The Afternoon (Panic At The Disco)
9. S.O.S. (Rihanna)
10. A particular song by: Usher (We'll just leave it at that---don't judge)
Feeling Sorry CD:
1. Will You Still Love Me (Chicago)
2. Fix You (Coldplay)
3. Say It Isn't So (Hall & Oates) You know you love them too!!!!
4. Since You've Been Gone (Day 26)
5. Moody's Mood For Love (Elliott Yamin)
6. Too Little Too Late (JoJo)
7. A Particular song by Mariah Carey (It's really about the most Hi-Larious video of this song)
8. Walkin' (Miles Davis)
9. Boplocity (Miles Davis)
10. Can You Stand The Rain (New Edition---don't judge, every song has a reason and purpose)
11. Sister Christian (Night Ranger--not because I'm feeling sorry, but because I love this song)
12. The Zephyr Song (Red Hot Chili Peppers---again, just love the song)
13. Always On Your Side (Sting and Cheryl Crow)
14. Only You (Yaz)
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Funky Town, And I'm The Mayor
Posted by cwelkley at 11:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
YAZ? You know Yaz? Were we separated at birth? I LOVE that entire album! Often weird, but so good!
Lately I have been totally unable to collect my thought enough to decide if I should go get the mail, more or less form a coherent blog, so I get the funk.
Ooooohhh...I think there's a new straightener I need to get!!!!
FANTASTIC music lists!!
Post a Comment