What a day! What a day! I had to write another post today to keep the info. fresh on my mind. Although, I don't think I'm going to forget this day any time soon.
Today is my day off. I had a to do list for myself today that included buying a few things, working out, doing my taxes and rewarding myself with a movie. All went well to begin with. I was on the verge on not going out at all today, but knew if I didn't that I wouldn't get this stuff done for probably another week. So I got up and out.
I went to the mall. On my list: shirt, black slacks (that fit---you get this if you've read my previous posts), facial cleaners, foaming hand soap, hairspray and a book I've been wanting. I get to the mall and walk into Borders first. They've rearranged their layout so the store is super easy to navigate now, but they've also rearranged where certain sections use to be. Could NOT find my book.
I then went into Torrid to try on a few tops. Nope! Hated all but one and the one I liked was just ok. Not spending $24 on ok. FYI when did I step into a time machine and land where all the ugly 80's clothes go to die???
I'm off to Macy's. I find 3 tops then use the scanner to check out the prices. Nope, nope, yep. I bought one top!
Finally I land in Target. I buy everything else on the list (minus black slacks). When I get to the register this lady comes up and asks the teenage girl waiting on me if she could purchase one of the plastic bags because she needed a bag. The girl tells her that they don't sell the bags, so the lady asks if she could just have one. The girl says that they don't do that. I told the lady that I'd put my stuff in my other bag and she could have my Target bag. Seriously!!! It's a piece of plastic!
I head out to my car, so very happy with all my purchases and a little pleased as punch that I did a good deed for the day with the bag (I know, jewel in crown totally gone) just to find out (and here's where the REAL story begins) I don't have my keys!!!!!!!!!! Let's just say I undid all the "good" by the string of "bad" coming out of my mouth.
I head back inside knowing EXACTLY where they are because the last place I saw them was in the Macy's dressing room. As I head into the dressing area the room I used was occupied. I went to the counter and asked a lady who quickly told me she didn't know but I could check upstairs because that's where people turn stuff in. I go up there and they haven't had anything turned in so I leave my phone number with them and head back down. Now there is a worker in the dressing area that helps me look around in the dressing rooms, at the register and was going to call upstairs but I told her I already gave them my info.
Back to Target. Little teenager had not seen my keys but directed me to customer service. Not there. Check at Starbucks in Target. Nope. Call mom. Ask at mall information desk. They refer me to Security/Lost and Found. Go to Lost and Found. Not there. They take my info. Meet mom in front of Macy's. Look again in Macy's. Go back upstairs. A lady tells me that maybe security can unlock my car for me. What?? My keys are lost in Macy's why do I want my car unlocked? She tells me that I could sit in my car and wait. NOPE!!!!
So, now just about everyone has my info. so I go to my mom's house to call my friend who is the only one who has my spare house key. She just happens to be at a conference in San Francisco for the day. I wait and wait wondering "Why would someone not turn the keys in? Are they going around the parking lot pressing the clicker button to find my car? Who doesn't turn in a set of keys????" Of course my mom asks if I asked at the other stores. No because the last place I saw them was in Macy's. Wait. Wait. Waiting. Waiting some more....... Fine!!!! I've looked through my bag and purse 42 times I guess I can call Borders and Torrid. I call Torrid. "Hi. Did you by any chance find a set of keys? (BTW - everyone I asked this question to said, "What KIND of keys?" I wanted to say Mon-keys or Tur-keys. A SET OF KEYS!!!!!!!)" Girl in Torrid says, "Yes, they were in the dressing room."
I KNEW I left them in a dressing room. I swear my minds eye told me it was the Macy's one. So, anyway, crisis averted. The end.
Friday, March 6, 2009
Is There A "Kick Me" Sign On My Back??
Posted by cwelkley at 5:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OMG! you poor thing. did you make it to a movie? did you treat yourself to a nice dinner?
There is a starbucks in Target!
(oh, and that other stuff sucks..;)
Post a Comment