2 Revelations:
1. The guy from Twilight was Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. It all makes sense now!
2. So, I need to go bra shopping (sorry people who don't want to read this---avert yer eyes ya pansies!!!). I did the measuring and online calculations to find my accurate size. I seriously thought I was not in the right size and needed something bigger. Well, come to find out I should be in a smaller size. I'm so cornfused. I think what it comes down to is that after a while your bras give up the ghost and don't fit you right anymore. Food for thought.
2 Conversations:
I love it when people have interesting conversations loud enough that I can hear them. It makes for great posts! Both of these happened while I was in line at Trader Joe's.
1. A mother was at the register with her, what appeared to be, younger than two year old daughter. I noticed that the little girl had a credit card in her hand. Then I heard the mom, "Where is it? Did you drop it? Oh great! Well, now you can't hold the other one because you dropped mommy's card." Ummmm.....why the blazes are you allowing your under 2 daughter to have possession of your credit card and some other card????? Then you're mad when she drops it???? You are DUMB. The end.
2. An employee comes up to the girl who was at my register. He says, "Hey I'm going out. Do you want me to grab you anything?" The girl says, "Yeah, if you see something you think I'd like why don't you grab it for me?" I ALMOST said, "Wow! He must have some amazing powers if he's suppose to guess what you want." I held my tongue. I hate it when people get all vague, because you KNOW that whatever that poor sap picks up for her it won't really be what she really wants (I'm sure she won't say anything, though).
Some Self Evaluation:
Lately I've been doing some serious self-evaluation. I call it "therapizing" myself. I've been trying to figure out what things in my life are unhealthy and self-destructive and how I can go about fixing said problems. I've come up with a few things:
1. I am paranoid: When I haven't heard from someone in a while (it doesn't matter who it is), I think I MUST have done something wrong, offended them, said something terrible to them, etc. What I'm learning: 9.7 times out of 10 there's nothing wrong and if there was something wrong that person should come talk to me and let me know.
2. I try too hard: I try to make sure that I contact people and when they don't call me I always end up trying (sometimes in vain) to make contact with them.
What I'm learning: A friendship is a two way street. If I'm putting forth all the effort then it might not actually be a friendship. I need to let things go and if people are truly my friends they will eventually contact me.
3. I have defensive hope: Now this bit of info. comes from the book I'm reading, "Safe People" by Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend. I'm going to quote a piece from pg. 97 of the book:
"Defensive hope is hope that protects us against grief and sadness.
Sometimes simply hoping a person will change keeps us from the pain
that we need to face. Humans are incredible optimists when
it comes to destructive relationships. For some reason we think that a
person who is hurtful, irresponsible, out of control, abusive, or dishonest is going
to change if we just love them correctly or more or enough. We think that if we
just let them know about their mistakes, or cry the blues, or get angry, that they
will change.
In short, we have hope, but it is hope that disappoints. In this scenario we use
hope to defend ourselves against facing the truth about someone we love. We do
not want to go through the sadness of realizing that they probably are not going to
change. We don't want to accept the reality about who they are. So, we hope."
Wow! That blew my mind when I read that. That is so me. I'm still working this one out.
Monday, April 27, 2009
2 Revelations, 2 Conversations And Some Self Evaluation
Posted by cwelkley at 12:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
you are getting quite deep.
I have no idea how to get to your place. I guess I should email you.
Holly's response to the lists
2 Rev:
1) you just now figured that out???
2)good to know.
2 Convos:
1)I blame baby brain. It actually shrinks.
2)Huh?
Self-Eval:
1) Oh baby do I ever!!!
2) Yeah, and then we responsible people get mad at others for not being as responsible. Their bad BUT who are we to decide how they are to act. Fruitless really.
3) Suspect I do this, ok...who am I kidding. I do this!
Post a Comment