Hooray!
Today was my first Monday day off. I just switched from having Fridays and Sundays off to having Sundays and Mondays off. SOOOO much better! Also, there are much less people out and about on Mondays than there are on Fridays. Ahhhh! and Hooray!
Standing Ovation
I met my friend Mary for coffee today. She had 3 of her 4 kids with her (already a saintess in my book). As the coffee time continued the kids (well, not baby Matthew) started getting a wee bit crankified. Mary was so patient with them. When they asked for things she calmly said, "No, we're not buying anything today." When they threw a little fit she did the "whisper-something-in-their-ear-so-that-they-sit-down-and-stop-whining" thing. When we left, Lukey (the mild-mannered one) had a meltdown. Mary picked him up calmly, took him to the car, put him in the car seat and closed the door, all while he melted. Mary, you are my hero and you deserve a bowl of ice cream and a long nap! :)
Why?
Why do people put their little stuffed animals on the back dash of their car? Is it to give the person behind them a little show? Why?
Monday, April 6, 2009
Hooray! Standing Ovation And Why?
Posted by cwelkley at 2:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Those crazy kids...I have two comments:
1. I am so happy that you have seen my kids as the sweet, gentle beings that they are so on meltdown days I don't have to worry that you think they are little monsters all the time
2. It was SOOO nice to have you there during the craziness, you were a very calming presence in the storm that was my Monday. :)
Love you!
Post a Comment