CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

It's Funny, Because You're Dumb

Location: Starbuck's Drive-thru

Characters: Me and the girl working the SB drive-thru

Girl: Hi! Welcome to Starbuck's. How are you doing today?

Me: Fine, thank you.

Girl: Great, what can I get started for you?

Me: Do you have any blackberry syrup?

Girl: No. We have raspberry.

Me: Well, that's not blackberry but fine. I'll just have a triple grande, non-fat caramel macchiatto.

Girl (I'm sure spitting in my drink)

Me (paranoid that girl spit in drink especially after very weird look she gave me when she handed me my drink)

Moral of the story: If I ask for blackberry, don't tell me you have raspberry (2 different fruits). If you do tell me you have raspberry, I should not let out the running commentary that's in my head and just order plan B.

2 comments:

holly said...

I totally had a fight with a SB window girl once too! (this is getting eerie) I was late for work and watched the girl through the closed window holding my drink while she chatted with some people. When she finally opened the window I started barking at her how I could see her! and so I could see her just standing there talking to people! She looked dumbstruck. Of course the next time I was there, who waited on me but her? I was so embarrassed because when she recognized my face she cringed. Cringed! I felt awful and could not apologize fast enough. She said it was fine but I knew no coffee was worth that look she gave me. Needless to say, she got a big tip that day. She's still there and is now one of my favorites. Go figure?

Mary said...

Oh yeah, you drank her spit. No doubt about it ;)