CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 2, 2009

My New Favorite "Mystery" Drink

I have a new favorite coffee drink. It is soooo yummy! It's the blackberry cream latte. Unfortunately, I can only get it at Borders which means I have to park and go into the mall to get it or drive way across town, park at Santana Row and get it. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy going to the mall and Santana Row but not for a cup of coffee. When I like a drink I'd like it to be at my fingertips.

I've tried to find another coffee shop with blackberry syrup. No luck. I went into Cost Plus World Market to see if I could get blackberry Torani syrup. Nope. I even looked for a picture of said drink on Google images and came up with nothing!!! I PROMISE this drink exists and it is so delicious!!!

Just to really tease me, I found blackberry syrup on Torani's website, but (OF COURSE) you can't purchase it online!!! I guess that's how Borders will always have a hold on me, until the drink is out of season.

4 comments:

Leaning Shanty Farm said...

Ya know, I tried that one the other day and did NOT like it at all. But I am convinced that they forgot the coffee! It just tasted like sickly sweet milk.

Michael A. said...

For a great blackberry latte, log onto www.monin.com (full disclosure: I work at Monin) and go to the "shop Monin" link. We have both blackberry and sugar-free blackberry syrups available. I've put the basic latte recipe below.

1 1/4 oz. Monin Blackberry
2 shots Espresso
8 oz. Steamed Foamed Milk

Garnish
Whipped Cream (optional)
White Chocolate Sauce

Preparation
Combine espresso and Monin Flavor in cup. While stirring, fill with steamed milk.

Best,
Michael A.
Monin Gourmet Flavorings

cwelkley said...

Thanks Michael A.! Cheers!

Leaning Shanty Farm said...

Ummm...how awesome is Michael A?