CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Of Manure And Vomit

Ah-Ha!!! I have you hooked. :)
So my analogies for today have to do with these two items.

#1: Of Manure
Whilst I was teaching at The Music Place (last day is the 30th!), I taught many students out of a church in Sunnyvale. One day I noticed that they had planted some new flowers. I thought this was very nice since the previous plants were practically wrapping their stems and leaves around me ever time I walked past. I walk past this area in order to get the key out of the lock box. On this day of new flowers I went up to get the key and the stench that wafted into my nose was Horrific!!! Manure! Wow, that's why the flowers were looking so vibrant. Every week for about a month I saw the pretty flowers but knew that as soon as I got too close the foul smell would come. So yesterday (my last Saturday working there!) I noticed that all the flowers were gone and that the area was only dirt. As I went past to get the key, it really was JUST DIRT! :) No more poo smell.


I kind of think that sometimes people (including myself) can be like this. So pretty and nice to see, but the closer you get to them the more you notice the stench of them (sometimes literally but mostly figuratively). Poo flowers.


#2: Of Vomit
Thanks to my friend Mary and her husband having food poisoning this weekend, I was inspired for this next bit. By the way, they are feeling much better! :)

So, I was thinking about how people, places and things can be like food poisoning to us. They look harmless when you first see them, perhaps even delicious. Then after a time you begin to get sick by them. They aren't a major poison that will kill you in an instant or at all, but they will make you so sick. After experiencing the feeling you felt, you will have a very hard time ever wanting to be around them again. Occasionally, as time passes, you may forget your unfortunate experience with them and (it HAS to be said) return to your vomit, so to speak. This is a food that will likely never be safe to consume. You will quite possibly ALWAYS be "poisoned" if you return. My advice: Run away. Find a different restaurant and a different dish.

1 comments:

Michael Lockridge said...

Wow! Suddenly you are appearing again on my Google reader! Welcome back.

Thanks for the analogy of vomitous poo flowers.

Uncle Mike