CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 26, 2010

Dentist-palooza And A T.N. Update

Today I had a dentist appointment to refill a filling that had become dislodged. I'm not a fan of going to the dentist, but at least my last dentist and current one are not down-right EVIL like some I've had. These two were/are actually wonderful.

So, Dr. Rahimi gave me some Novocaine and said, "This should be very quick today." I said, "I don't care how long it takes just as long as I have PLENTY of Novocaine."
Dr.: "Well, maybe I should give you a little more."
Me: "Good idea."
Assistant: (talking to Dr.) "I'm not scared of you, it's just that I'm ALWAYS thinking I'm going to feel something."
Me: "That's how I am. Remember when I almost killed you last time?"
Dr.: "No."
Me: "I do."
Dr.: "Did you feel something?"
Me: "Yep."
Dr.: "Hmmmm. Maybe just a little more Novocaine."
Me: "Fill it up, til it comes pouring out! I'd rather be numb all day than feel anything."

So, after the pain-free filling was done I mentioned a bump on the other side of my mouth. Sadly, it MIGHT be a root-canal gone bad. This means I might lose my tooth and have it replaced with a post and a bridge. WHY????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!! BooHoo!

Good News: Dr. Rahimi said he was giving me a 20% discount because he likes me. :) Also, he let me pay half there and half later. :)

T. N. Update:
After the dentist I went to the grocery store. At the checkout we had to go through the whole "Ms. Nguyen" thing again. I thought I had quickly slipped passed any questioning remarks. Then at the last minute the lady says, "Well, thank you and have a nice day. Umm, what was your last name again? I forgot."

RATS! Was she challenging me? So, I went through my schpiel about my old phone number, different name, blah, blah. She said, "Yes, that happens all the time with the numbers changing and whatnot."

People!!!!! PLEASE JUST LET ME BE TRAN NGUYEN!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tran,
Do you think you should try a brand new Safeway store? I kind of think you should.

cwelkley said...

Dear Anonymous,
Unfortunately this Safeway is the closest one to my home. I think I just need to find a new checker. I'm thinking she was the same one that challenged my before.

Thank you for your attention to these matters,
T. Nguyen