Not only the title of the new, awesome book by my favorite author Jen Lancaster (in stores now), but also the title of my so-called life right now.
I think I've been blogger lazy (blazy) because I am addicted to Facebook. There, I said it. Saying it is half the battle. It's so much easier to write down my thoughts and feelings in 2 sentences in my status box than to write an entire post about them here. Also, I don't even know if there are many people still reading my blog. I would have pooped out a long time ago if I were reading it.
I DO know that when I post a really good status update I'll get at least a few people joining into the conversation. Sad that my life is reduced to this. I think a person could never step one foot outside their door and STILL be extremely connected with friends, family and the world.
Please shoot me if I get THAT lazy. :)
Friday, May 21, 2010
My Fair Lazy
Posted by cwelkley at 10:22 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
blazy - i like it. i do wonder about the whole blogging thing now that we have twitter and facebook and other ways to communicate. i've read many articles about blogs being old school, out of touch, useless, but i still find entertainment in elaborating a bit more on my thoughts, so i say, you go girl! :-)
Blogging will remain a level in our growing range of communications options. It is a place for more extended communication, for thoughts and observations to large for a tweet or Facebook update.
Remember, you can link your blog to your Facebook updates, thus connecting the deeper layer (blog) to the more immediate layer of Facebook.
I have not played with Twitter. My own lifestyle does not require that level in communication. However, I have seen the value of this very immediate layer in the set of tools we are all learning to use.
So, blog on!
I read ya. In fact, I've tapped into a new pool of knitting blogs and (for some unknown reason) a bunch of blogs by Scandinavian moms/artists/countryside livers. I use them to get inspiration. My own blog lags a bit too, sadly, but I still find value in it.
I check your blog regularly, every single Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I love it so much. I also love you dearly. Love, Gaily
Post a Comment