CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Think Welkley, THINK!!!

I swear, sometimes I get so mad at myself.

First of all let me start off with a few words of truth:
1. My name is Chris Welkley and I'm addicted to Facebook.
2. I am highly paranoid.
3. I can go overboard on the comedy.
4. I tend to think things are good ideas, and the whole time I ignore the little flashing light inside of me that is blinking out of control saying, "Abort mission! Do not proceed any further!"

Ok, now that we got THAT out of the way.... So I have been saying a lot of things to certain people on Facebook where I think, "Oh this is funny and cutesie and this person will find me charming, etc." Instead I am the crazy person making crazy comments. I recently made a comment where I was telling said person (in a round-about sort of way) that I didn't understand all their high falootin' words and that (not in so many words) they were really smart.

Well, then come all the friend comments making it abundantly clear that they know EXACTLY what this person is talking about, thus making me feel like a complete and utter idiot. If only I had listened to the warning sound inside me saying, "This is not going to be a good idea. Probably shouldn't write a comment at this time. No. Don't. Unclick the comment box. Doh!"

So, I will now listen and perhaps avoid a little bit of embarrassment in my life. This is also why (U. Mike) I do NOT link all of my blogs to Facebook.

Thus ends another segment of "Welkley Shame-fest". : /

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That little asymmetrical face at the end of your post is priceless. It reminds me of a face I've actually seen you make! It also reminds me of a little show I've seen you and ALT perform. Happy Wednesday and thanks for the super good treats this morning! PS Would you ever feel comfortable defining some of the new vocabulary words you are learning through your friends and their Facebook terms? I am always eager to learn new words!

Michael Lockridge said...

C'mon. Live life on the edge. Link. Link. Link. Own your posts. Be yourself before the watching world. Don't hold back. You have something to contribute.

As a counterpoint, I offer the example of my own success.

Perhaps caution is in order.

Oh, wait. I can share your blog. Wouldn't that be fun? I won't do that, of course. Neither will any of your friends who read.

Or, will they?

Oh, my!

Mike

(the security check word is damint. I like it!)

Carrie said...

ack! so hating it for you. have gotten myself caught in similar comment floods...people need to just get over it...facebook is supposed to be fun and entertaining...when it gets all serious people need to, as you would say, just SHUTTY!!

:-)

Jerry said...

I avoid Facebook and Twitter and MySpace and whatever else there is. There are a lot of reasons, but primarily there is too much immediacy -- immediate expression, immediate response, immediate reaction...and what was achieved? Secondly -- I don't want my life to be an open book and I certainly don't want to Be Connected. But then, this is simply my opinion.

Your post kinda' confirmed this notion to me.

I wandered in here....not sure what pathway I took...and found it enjoyable.

Leaning Shanty Farm said...

Hee hee hee...I totally get this!!!