CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Jump, Jive And Then You Wail

I know only too well what the words to that song really mean now. Allow me to explain:

A few weeks ago I purchased some new workout dvd's. One of them was "Dancing with the Stars" cardio dance. I'm always trying to find a way to "trick" my body into excercise. If it thinks I'm having fun, maybe it won't revolt. Well, I do believe I've found a way. Dance!! The first dance I tried was the Paso Doble. This dance is totally fun and dramatic. I decided since they pretend to have a cape that I would ACTUALLY have a cape. Unfortunately, since I don't have a REAL cape I had to use a kitchen towel. Then a couple days ago I tried the Cha-Cha. HARD!! I cannot get those steps down. Yesterday I decided to try the dance that I've heard was the most difficult......the Jive. It actually ended up being my favorite!! It's lots o' fun.

So here's what I meant with the words: Jump, Jive and then you wail. The Jive kicked my butt. It was very fun, but the sweat was pouring which equals good workout in my book. So the wail part was definitely about the butt kicking. :)

I love this cover for the dvd. "Shed the pounds with Ashly (too perky), Kym (too curvy) and Maksim (too pretty)!" Random sidenote: Remember that children's book about the different hats? "Too lumpy, too bumpy, too swirly, too curly......" My last sentence about the dance instructors reminded me of that book. "TOO FUNNY" I loved that book.

1 comments:

Leaning Shanty Farm said...

JAZZ HANDS!!!!

Hmmm...I may have to borrow this from you or maybe find it on netflix. I would LOVE to do the Jive! TOTALLY FUN!!!