CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

House Hunting With Abbey

Today I went house hunting with my friend Abbey.  It was loads of fun with a little scary thrown in to boot.  


The first house we went to was built about 75 years ago and pretty much nothing had been done to it for 75 years.  There were some fun, quirky things about the house like the pull down screens for the windows (literally like a pull shade, but a screen), a pull down chair by the built-in so you could sit while you talked on the phone, and a really cute "retro" stove (which may not have been retro so much as really old).  The scariest part of this house was the basement (because goodness knows, everyone in California needs a good basement!!).  When we walked in that was the first thing I noticed.  The winding staircase into the black shrouded basement.  Soooo creepy!!!

There were a few others that were workable, decent and one that I thought was wonderful.  The last house we saw was hideously horrific.  There was brown grass and dirt out front and as soon as you walk in you saw debris littering the floor and holes and scuff marks all over the walls as well as mold on the kitchen walls.  The carpet was pulled up in parts around the house to reveal hardwood floors underneath.  Unfortunately, because of the urine stained carpet, the hardwood floors were damaged.  The most disturbing part about this particular house was the front bedroom.  This room had a chain lock on the outside of the door.  It didn't appear that they kept animals in there, so my mind went to the horrible realization that perhaps they were locking a person in there!!!!  I felt very unclean after that house.  

All in all it was a very interesting day.  Apparently so interesting I had to blog about it! :)

1 comments:

Leaning Shanty Farm said...

That was an INTERESTING house hunting day! Thanks for coming with me!!

BTW, I've showered 16 times since viewing that last house. Blah!