CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 13, 2008

People's Dilemmas

As I was in Panera the other day I was noticing people as they walked passed. I happened to be sitting sort of close to the entrance. Near the front they have the communal germ grab, also known as the plate of samples. Now that I'm an official germaphobe I don't go near those things. I watched as this one lady grabbed a piece of bread then changed her mind and grabbed another piece. After her, a lady went up "cautiously" like someone was gonna grab her, and grabbed for a piece of bread. All the while I'm thinking, "Don't grab that one piece that the other lady touched first!!" After this a man came by. He started looking around almost as if he was scared that someone would see him take a piece of the bread. I wished my same wish for him and he too did not take the previously touched bread.

Clearly, people taking samples have issues and germaphobes watching sample takers have issues as well. Sad.

2 comments:

Leaning Shanty Farm said...

Oh I ALWAYS avoid the free sample section. Because I KNOW snotty nosed dirty little kids have touched ALL of the food!! ;)

Mary said...

Don't hate me because I love samples...in my defense, I get all my germs from my kids, so there is nothing left to catch. :)