Earlier today I wrote out an entire blog, but because I had a little "glitch" with my computer I lost most of it. I was planning on talking about the movies, germs, phones and my garage song. I'll still talk about some of those things, but since my last attempt at writing this my "issues" with my phone have been resolved!! Hallelujah! I also have to talk about this DVD I'm watching. Here we go, kids:
Movie: Yesterday I saw "Changeling" with Angelina Jolie. First let me start off by saying $8.50 for a matinee!! Criminal! Then I will say that this movie was very good. I liked that it was a true story. I think "they're" putting out more and more true stories in the movies. I like that.
Germs: It's definitely that time of year. Lately, many of my students have been sickish when they show up to their lesson. Unfortunately, nobody has taught them the proper way to cough. It is not to turn to your teacher and cough IN HER FACE. That happened to me 3 times this past week. I don't care to feel the wind from someone's infected mouth blowing through my hair. Some of them try to cough in their hand but always have a little opening where the cough escapes and still hits me in the face. TURN YOUR FACES AWAY FROM OTHER HUMANS PLEASE! Ugh!
Garage Song: I have heard the exact same song when I pulled into my garage last night, out of my garage this morning and back into my garage when I got home. Weird. It's a good one too. It's American Boy by Estelle. I didn't know Kanye West was featured in this song. I'm not a fan of his, but I do like her and this catchy little "garage" tune.
DVD: Right now I'm watching "Dead Like Me". The boss in this show is hi-larious!!! Fair warning: because this is an HBO show the clip I'm sending you to (should you choose to go) has one "questionable" word in it. If you can get passed that you'll laugh your booty off. I think if I was in a tv show, I'd like to play a character like her.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve85oR0Vijs
Have a great Monday and a great week!!!
Monday, November 10, 2008
What An Interesting Turn Of Events
Posted by cwelkley at 11:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Only ONE questionable word?? Usually there are about 15 in a matter of minutes. :)
I too, have been coughed on, at, near, you name it by students a lot recently. Of course, I also shake all of their hands as they walk into my classroom everyday, so I guess I can't really complain. (How did I end up w/ pneumonia last year? Hmmm...) Middle school kids are not so much clean as they are...gross. But I still shake their hands. I've got issues.
Post a Comment