Yesterday I began pondering this saying while sitting at a stop light watching some birds flying in the air. As I watched them I noticed more and More and MORE. What was a blue sky with puffy white clouds and a few birds in the air turned into a swarm of birds the were encircling what I later found out was a park. Scavenger birds looking for lunch! Three birds: a beautiful, picturesque day. Swarm of birds: Well, "The Birds" by Alfred Hitchcock.
Clearly that would not have been enough to post about so I thought it was very hi-larious that a few hours later I see a swarm of Jr. Highers coming out of school. They kept crossing the street and crossing the street and standing in piles at the corner so they could cross the street. One or two Jr. Highers: Funny, strange and often entertaining. Swarm of Jr. Highers: Frightening!!!!
Lastly, I was thinking about something that is not too much of a good thing and that's my many names. :) I have a billion names that people call me (I'm sure many more if I take into consideration the not-so-nice names that I'm sure people call me when I'm not around). Here are a few and a brief description of their origin:
Chriswelkley: This is my first and last name said as one. MANY people call me this. I think it's because there are a lot of Chris' out there and I am the ONLY Chriswelkley.
Christine Marie: Only my friend Wyndi calls me that (I should say, can get away with calling me that). That's the first and middle. I call her Wyndi Lou.
Weirdly (Weird for short): A select group of college friends call me this.
CW: Now this name is said by sooo many but in different variations such as: C Dub, C Dubbie and actual C double-u.
Welkanator: A name given by a friend because, clearly they thought I was amazingly mighty. :) Also a name I hope to turn into a license plate someday.
Miss Welkley: My teacher name.
Miss Chris: My other teacher name.
Teacher Chris: My teacher name that makes me laugh every time I hear it.
Czarina Welkley: A name I tried to get my high school students to call me but it never quite stuck.
Lastly, I will share the name that I told everyone in Jr. high that my parents named me because they couldn't decide on a name: Christine Marie Sandra Kathleen Stacy Shelly Dana Lee Ann Welkley.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Too Much Of A Good Thing
Posted by cwelkley at 7:48 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Dear Jo,
Thanks for posting a comment on my blog the other day. I do read your blog just to be able to read about another single gal who loves Jesus and has no husband ;) It actually has come to mean a great deal to me.
I may not becoming to San Jose this weekend to visit Mary with her mom at the Knit-o-rama, it all depends on whether or not I go out with that agnostic again. Pray for me sister?
P.S. can I call ya Jo?
Hee hee hee ... Jo. I'm gonna start calling you that!!! ;)
You totally need to get a licence plate that says Welkanator!! That would be super awesome!!
I like : Welk-eroni and cheese (just made it up:)
Post a Comment