CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 16, 2009

A Bit O' Bad Luck

Let's hope I have the "Luck O' the Irish" tomorrow in order to counteract my bad luck this weekend.

#1. The other day I was enjoying some oatmeal and put a touch of raw sugar on top. As I bit down I though, "Wow! That sugar was hard!" Then it felt like there was something stuck in my tooth. I finally looked in the mirror to discover that a piece of my crown cracked off! That's going to be one expensive bowl of oatmeal topped with raw sugar!

#2. Allergy season is upon us! This weekend was full of sneezing, sniffing, and itchy eyes. I love developing things in my late 30's!

#3. Swimmer's ear. Again.

#4. Went to the grocery store yesterday. As I was hauling a box of Cherry Coke Zero the bottom unglued and all the cans rolled into my shopping cart. To my rescue came this middle aged man (normally I wouldn't mention this but it adds to the story). He starts helping me put cans back into the box. I thanked him but was also a bit frustrated with the whole experience to which he says, "Life's not that bad. Well, we're not getting any younger so we have to just make the best of it." NOT GETTING ANY YOUNGER??????????? How old does he think I am??? I said, "Well, speak for yourself! I AM getting younger." He said, "Oh, are we turning 29 again this year?" Wow. You. Are. Messing. With. The. Wrong. Chick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I seriously wanted to lob all the soda cans at him. That would have been very immature of me since I am a respectable senior citizen now.

3 comments:

holly said...

Chris my dear, he was flirting with you! Well, I am bad at recognizing a flirt when aimed at me, but I'm pretty sure that was a flirt! Next time try this move at a church gathering and see if it works. If so, let me know.

Mary said...

Hmm...a good kick in the leg would have sent a good "you are messing with the wrong chick" message...I'm just saying..

Leaning Shanty Farm said...

Hee hee...old people are funny.

;)