It drives me insane how the media twists and turns everything. The second half of the madness is how the rest of the world responds to the media.
Three Examples:
1. Stars: I unfortunately fall into this trap. Why do we care more about celebrities than we do the people around us? Why do we think that any of them are "better" than the rest of the humans on this earth? Wake up call: they aren't. Do they have more money? Bar far! Do they have more power? Define power. Guess what? I have Jesus and I do believe that is all anyone needs to make them who they are.
2. Susan Boyle, for example: Why is it so amazing that someone who came on "Britain's Got Talent" is actually a Brit with talent? How sad that she makes headline news because she doesn't fit the profile of what the media deems as "beautiful"? Now, they want to give her a make over!! Shameful!!!
3. Swine Flu: This one is a little more on the up and up. I think the media gets people in such a tizzy over things that I'm almost certain that there are people out there who have locked themselves up in their house. I saw a lady in Target yesterday with a mask on. Be aware, be proactive, don't freak and live your life. God knows how many days we have and how we're gonna go.
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Media Madness!
Posted by cwelkley at 1:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Amen to all! (yes, this is a lazy comment)
Post a Comment