So, one of my new "start ups" (hate saying resolutions) for 2010 is getting back on the Weight Watchers (so far so good). Since I've been sick the past two days I have had my taste definition completely taken away. What that means is, I can tell if something is salty, sweet, sour, etc., but the specifics in tasted were gone. I was kinda bummed because when you only have a certain amount of points to use in a day you want them to be delicious. It was literally me eating because I was hungry. In my mind I always feel that if something happens for longer than one day, it might be that way for the rest of my life (I know I'm crazy). Therefore, I figured I'd never get the taste definition back, so I had to find the silver lining.
Silver Lining: I can now eat healthy foods all the time, because I won't be able to taste them. Vegetables all the time!!! That will be amazing for my Weight Watchers goal!
This Morning: I tasted the strawberries in my Strawberry Special K cereal! I won't drop the weight as fast as I would on the "No taste diet", but I CAN taste again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
A New Diet Idea
Posted by cwelkley at 9:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
A friend of mine lost her sense of smell (and by extension sense of taste) in a motorcycle accident. She was otherwise undamaged. It was a bit depressing for a time, but she overcame that and rejoiced in her new weight control ability. If it all tastes like cardboard, you may as well eat the healthy cardboard.
She lost her sense of smell by concussion, so if you really want this ...
YEA!!! It's about time you felt better!!
Post a Comment