CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Raised Piece Of Cement By Any Other Name...

I have found in my travels that what I call a "Speed Bump" has different names depending on where you are.

Kenya - Sleeping Policeman

Panama - Dead Policeman

Sacramento - Speed Lump

So funny!

4 comments:

Annie said...

In Washington they are labeled "Speed Hump" on a lot of signs...which leads to some obvious jokes.

cwelkley said...

TeeHeeHee!!!! :) Speed Hump!

Michael Lockridge said...

I like the big ones they placed in West Side Santa Cruz. Emergency responses take twice the time to arrive, due to having to crawl over the things.

Mike

Leaning Shanty Farm said...

Annie - I was going to say the same thing except I saw them here in CA...in Los Gatos. They put speed bumps on the road I lived on (back in the day) and the sign they put up said, "Speed Hump."

Oh the Jokes that ensued.