Here's one for ya.
Day 2 of my melancholy mood. After being around humans for 8 hours (church and lunch with my parents), I'm right back in that BORED out of my mind kind of feeling. I decided to take yet another walk to the Pruneyard. This time it's Coffee Society.
6pm-ish
As I order my drink, the girl says, "How are you doing today?"
Me: "Good, how are you?"
Girl: "Good. (Pause--here we go!) I've been here since 6 this morning."
Me: "Oh no! Sounds like you need to go home."
Girl: "Well, I have about 5 more hours."
Me: "Yuck! Oh, I'm sorry!"
Girl: (a smidge smugish) "Well at least I have a job."
Me: "That's true."
Girl: "Something about training people, blah, blah, blah"
So, how exactly do you want me to feel, girl? Sorry for you? I tried!! Stand up and cheer that you are employed? Bravo. Pick a direction for your conversation. Better yet? Take my credit card then make my drink. Wow, kinda mean. Sorry.
Sunday, June 20, 2010
Do You Want Me To Feel Sorry For You Or Applaud Your Selflessness?
Posted by cwelkley at 6:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment