This morning I watched a DVRing of "Intervention". Every stinkin' time I watch that show I cry. This time I LITERALLY (literally) looked like Rudolph!! Here's the story:
Bret is an alcoholic. He has 2 kids. He has already been through one intervention (not show related) 3 years ago that "didn't take". His 5th or 6th grade son is telling him, he wishes he'd come over more and it would be good if he could stop drinking. I'm bawling already.
Fast forward to The Intervention.
Bret comes in and he is M-A-D!!!!! He keeps saying, "I'm not going anywhere! I told you I wasn't going to do this again. You can't make me go anywhere! I can't believe you set me up!" Everyone's crying, and pleading. After all that he walks back home.
I keep thinking, "Holy cats!!! What's gonna happen??"
They follow him to his house and finally after, everything you can imagine, tell him they will call the police and send him in for psychological testing. That apparently did it. He kissed everyone goodbye, hopped on a plane and got into treatment.
So, for the wrap up, they show that he finishes treatment, goes into sober living and there find out he has advanced cancer of the esophagus. He goes home to be with his kids and dies 3 weeks later. Sober for 80 days.
More tissues: The very end they show his son saying, "My dad didn't die an alcoholic, he died a dad." Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! Crying out the wazoo!
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Way To Kick My Butt, "Intervention"!
Posted by cwelkley at 9:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Those are the people I lived and worked with for twenty years. Alcoholics, Junkies, and generally messed-up people. Few tales ended even this nicely.
Most continue the chain of abuse all of their days, and pass it on to the next generation. There are few recovery tales to be told.
That is something to weep about.
Mike
oh dear lord! this is why i can't watch stuff like that!!
Post a Comment