CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Too Hot For Warm Fuzzies


Typically I don't care to knit when it's hot out. Lately I've cranked out quite a few scarves. Guess I'm getting ready for winter early. When I was in NY I found the most amazing store called "Hobby Lobby". They had everything. Like Michael's on crack! The best part was the yarn section. Oh the glorious yarn!!!! So fuzzy, so colorful, so soft. I got some and have completed a scarf (top - yummy pink, green and white--like spun candy), I'm working on another (super fun green), and have one in the making (ball of navy---softest of the bunch). You may be thinking, "Oh dear, Chris has lost her mind and counting abilities. I see one more scarf." Well, that yarn was not purchased in NY. It's my FINALLY completed Shark's scarf for my friend Carrie. I'm such a slacker!!!!!!!! But it's done.

If you need a scarf, let me know. :)

2 comments:

Michael Lockridge said...

I have a favorite yarn shop, though I don't actually do anything with yarn. Actually, it is a memory of a favorite yarn shop, since it is no longer in business.

It was in Jacksonville, Oregon. Jacksonville retains the flavor of it's history, and is worth a Google and even a visit.

The yarn shop was actually only half of the shop. As you entered, along the left wall and all across the back was yarn, knitting supplies, and the like.

Along the right wall was liquor. Yep, it was a liquor store. With an Old West style bar dividing the store and serving as a counter for the liquor part of this strange kludge of a shop.

Now if only someone would open a candy shop with a dentist's office in the back. The chair right out in the open, the gleaming instruments catching the same light as the licorice and lollipops.

Yep. That would be cool.

Mike

Carrie said...

JOY!!!! now we HAVE to get together...even though i'm still cranky and bitter about hockey...